Thursday, February 25, 2010

Not based in reality

Listening to- Stoning no.1 by Noscrape



***


Do you ever come across a song or even an album that gives you an otherworldly feeling or even like what you might describe a religious experience? There are some songs that I have felt that way about, and that's really something coming from me because I am not religious in the least. Anyways, the most recent time this has happened was when I heard the band Master Musicians of Bukkake. If you can get past the name of this band, they are definitely worth a listen. Associated acts with this band include Sunn O))) (awesome band, you either love them or hate them though), Sun City Girls, Boris and Grails. If you like any of those bands then you probably will like this. People of the Drifting Houses and Eaglewolf are two tracks that, for me, produced this ethereal feeling. One reminds me of a tribal setting in which something very special is about to happen. The other one, Eaglewolf, makes me think of a situation where I am bearing witness to a chant-driven ceremony performed by some esoteric cult. I won't put too much into your head because it just needs to be heard. The album is called Totem One and you can get it here.

***




UTAH is free. This is not really news anymore as it happened a while ago, but if you know anything about graffiti then you know about UTAH. She now has a blog and so far it's pretty cool. I have come across more than one tag or throw she has done and when possible have always flicked it. Such is my life, bringing my camera with me practically everywhere in case I see graffiti. It may be a drug but it's better than being hooked on meth.

***



Freight of the Day (VINAL)

No comments: